Experienced workshop mechanic required to maintain Australia’s largest privately owned fleet of late model heavy plant and equipment. Based at our Port Melbourne yard and workshop you will be required to service and maintain our fleet of heavy and light vehicles for our civil construction, demolition, rental and transport divisions.
As a Workshop Mechanic for Delta Group you will be required to service and maintain a variety of heavy plant and equipment as well as precision attachments and a fleet of heavy and light vehicles for our civil construction, demolition, rental and transport divisions.
The role is based at our Port Melbourne yard and workshop and may require travel across Melbourne.
To be successful in this position you will possess the following skills and attributes:
• High level awareness and commitment to your own health and safety and the health and safety of everyone around you.
• Heavy Diesel mechanics and mobile plant fitters with demonstrated work experience and knowledge of heavy equipment
• Self-sufficient and motivated, reliable and flexible
• Effective communication, reading and writing skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment and independently as required. Proven initiative to plan work fronts efficiently and effectively, delivering quality outcomes and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
• Ability to navigate technical issues in repair and maintenance services
Key responsibilities include:
• General servicing including all minor and major hydraulic and mechanical components, fluids, brakes, clutches and repairs
• Assembly and fitment of attachments and components
• Diagnostics and repair work.
A valid driver’s licence (preferable) and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical check including a drug and alcohol test are minimum requirements.
The successful candidate will need to provide their own hand tools and appropriate industry tickets and/or licences will be viewed favourably.
Competitive employment conditions will be offered to the successful applicant.
You must have permanent residency and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Previous applicants need not apply.